Magic mushrooms have become popular nowadays due to their psychoactive and therapeutic effects, giving delight to millions of consumers in Canada and worldwide. But little did you probably know that these psychedelic plants are now being used to create teas with calming effects on the mind and body. Yes, you read it right. If you haven’t tasted this beverage yet, then you might include it as well on your bucket list. You can purchase various magic mushrooms that are perfect for morning and coffee breaks at our store.
Before making a purchase, though, it’s essential that you thoroughly understand the critical components in magic mushrooms. The health benefits of this product are not the only thing that every consumer must know. You have to conduct your research and determine whether it can address your needs and suit your lifestyle. If you’re also curious about how magic mushroom tea is made, we are giving you the benefit of learning about that topic in this article. So, read on and have your cup of shroom tea very soon.
What is Magic Mushroom Exactly?
You’ve probably seen mushrooms many times in your life. Magic mushrooms are no different in terms of appearance. They have long and slender stems with whitish-gray and dark brown caps that are light brown or white in the center. When they are dried, they have a rusty brown color with isolated areas of off-white. But what’s so special about magic mushrooms is that they contain psilocybin, a naturally-occurring psychoactive and hallucinogenic compound. In other words, the substance can cause euphoria and even hallucinations.
Nevertheless, when you consume magic mushrooms properly, you can reap the potential health benefits of this product. There are now millions of consumers worldwide, and most of these people find relief from stress and other medical concerns. Magic mushrooms are now available in several forms, such as food and drinks. So essentially, you can eat the product, mix it with food, or brew like tea for drinking. You can also mix the substance with cannabis or tobacco and smoke it.
How to Make Magic Mushroom Tea
There’s a huge difference between buying finished products and creating your magic mushroom teas. You surely wouldn’t doubt how tasty it can be when you make it yourself. But yes, there are downsides too as the process would take some time, unlike buying at the shop where you can place your order and sip your tea immediately. Still, if you want some adventure and excitement, the preparation and actual process is just part of it.
Ingredients of Magic Shroom Tea:
- 3.5 grams of dry psilocybe cubensis mushrooms
- Two teabags of high-quality herbal tea or green tea that combines nicely with the flavor of ginger and lemon juice
- A few pieces of ginger to cover the mushroom taste and reduce the chance of nausea
- One spoon of honey
- 2 cups of water, around 350-400ml
- Lemon juice, if you want to cover the flavor of the mushrooms and speed up the mixture of active ingredients
Equipment for Making the Tea:
- One kettle or saucepan (depending on your preference)
- One big bowl where you can prepare everything
- A coffee grinder, a knife, or a pestle and mortar, and chopping board to break up the dry mushrooms
- A coffee filter or fine mesh filter that you can use to squeeze the mushrooms left in the infusion
- Your chosen mug or a teapot where you can pour the tea and drink from it
Preparation for Making the Tea:
- Break up the mushrooms into smaller pieces using a coffee grinder. But you don’t have to create a powder out of the material. You have to make sure that the surface area of the mushrooms can have maximum contact with the tea for the best outcome possible. Then, pop the ground mushrooms into your cup.
- Pour 2 cups of water into your kettle or saucepan and boil it at the right temperature.
- Take the water off the boiling heat and let it cool down for at least 20 seconds.
- Place 1 cup of water in your cup that contains the ground-up mushrooms.
- Add the teabag and leave to infuse for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove the teabag, filter the mushroom’s remaining parts from the cup, and then pour the liquid into a bowl. Afterwards, place the filtered mushrooms back into your cup.
- Boil the second cup of water using a kettle or saucepan
- While you are heating the water, mix a tablespoon of honey, some pieces of ginger, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Once the water has boiled, take it off the heat and let it cool for at least 20 seconds.
- Pour the water into your cup that contains the filtered and ground-up mushrooms.
- Add the second teabag and brew it for 10-12 minutes.
- Get the teabag out, filter everything once more, and pour the liquid into a bowl with the previously prepared tea.
- Squeeze the mushrooms to extract all the liquid
- Once you have extracted all the liquid, throw out the rest of the mushroom. All that is left is your magic mushroom tea. You can pour it into your favorite mug and drink it up. It would surely give a different kind of experience.
How to Prepare Powdered Mushroom Tea
It might seem more exciting and delicious to brew magic mushroom tea from raw or fresh plants, but it’s not always possible for some users. Sometimes the best option you have is preparing the beverage using powdered mushrooms. If you would go for this choice, here are the easy steps that you need to follow:
- Measure the proper dosage of high-quality magic mushrooms required and have them dried
- Place the product in a coffee grinder and derive a fine powder.
- Add two spoons of lemon juice, some ginger, and shroom powder.
- Pour hot water (not boiling) over the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Let your tea steep for about 20 minutes before you consume it.
Important note: If you want an effective way to create a ready-to-use mushroom tea powder, you must prepare the material beforehand. Depending on your preference, you can add ginger powder to any mixture of your choice and keep it ready to brew anytime. To increase the shelf life of your raw material, make sure to dry the mushrooms entirely before preparing the powder.
Tips when Choosing Magic Mushrooms for Your Tea
There are a lot of varieties when it comes to psychedelic mushrooms. So, how do you know for sure that you’re getting the right product? If this is your first time purchasing magic mushrooms for your tea, it’s essential to consider a few things as you shop at our store, Moonrock Canada:
- Identify the Magic Mushroom that Matches Your Needs
You’re buying magic mushrooms because you want to satisfy your cravings. Isn’t that so? That’s pretty obvious to state. It would be best to start from there when looking for the best product out there. It’s essential that the raw material or powder you use could blend well with other ingredients. You can choose from several types, so doing some research about each option might help you make a wise decision. Fortunately, it’s now easier to familiarize the products as you can easily binge-read online.
- Consider the Magic Mushroom Experience You Want
What kind of experience do you want to enjoy with magic mushrooms? You’re probably brewing tea for some relaxation. Understandably, it would be best if you considered how you want the whole thing to be. Some mushrooms are perfect for some users while undesirable for others. Once you explore your choices in the market, you’ll find many variants of magic mushrooms. You may ask the store attendant regarding the best product that suits exactly your needs.
- Shop for Magic Mushrooms at the Right Store
A reputable store can guarantee high-quality magic mushrooms. So it’s essential to look for a trusted company where you can get your supply. Moonrock Canada is one of the reliable sellers of these products. Our company allows you to buy mushrooms online with convenience. You can browse our shop to explore the best choices that are perfect for making your tea.
What are the Effects of Magic Mushrooms?
Magic mushrooms contain psilocybin that activates serotonin receptors, more commonly in the prefrontal cortex. This part of the brain affects cognition, mood, and perception. The hallucinogenic compound also influences other regions of the brain that are responsible for regulating arousal and panic responses. Although psilocybin does not cause active auditory or visual hallucinations, it alters how you perceive people and objects in your environment.
The quantity of psilocybin that you consume, your past experiences, and your expectations of how the experience may take shape can all impact the effects of the substance. Most users would experience the hallucinogenic effects of psilocybin within 30 minutes after ingesting the compound and last 4-6 hours. In some individuals, changes in thought patterns and sensory perception can last for several days.
Bear in mind that the potency of psilocybin mushrooms depends on their origin, species, growing conditions, harvest period, and whether it’s consumed in fresh or dried form. Interestingly, psilocybin in dried mushrooms is almost ten times higher than that found in fresh ones. The effects of the compound are generally similar to those of LSD, which include intense changes in mood and feeling and altered perception of time and space.
Other possible effects of psilocybin include:
- Distorted thinking
- Spiritual awakening
- Visual alteration or distortion
Potential Health Benefits of Magic Mushrooms
For thousands of years, indigenous people in Europe and America have used magic mushrooms for spiritual and medicinal purposes. These plants have a long history of self-discovery and spiritual experience. Many individuals believe that magic mushrooms and weeds are sacred herbs that enable them to attain superior spiritual states. Others use magic mushrooms to experience a sense of connection, euphoria, and a distorted sense of time.
The psilocybin found in magic mushrooms is converted to psilocin in the body and is claimed to influence serotonin levels in the brain, leading to altered and unusual perceptions. These effects may kick in within 20-40 minutes and last up to 6 hours. At present, some researchers note that psychedelics such as those found in magic mushrooms might be the subsequent breakthrough treatment. Based on the available research that we have gathered, here are some potential health benefits of magic mushrooms:
- Magic mushrooms may help in treating depression
Depression is a major depressive disorder that can affect your mood and perceptions. Without proper medical intervention, it can take a toll on your health and personal productivity. There is now research on the potential of magic mushrooms as a treatment for this medical condition. It was noted that psilocybin found in those plants could relieve major depression for one year.
- Magic mushrooms may help in cancer-related psychological distress.
Cancer patients usually struggle with overwhelming anxiety that makes their suffering even worse. While psychological support is often extended by medical staff and relatives, sometimes it’s just not enough to alleviate their condition. Most recently, researchers have discovered that psilocybin may offer effective treatment for anxiety in people with cancer. A single dose of the substance may improve quality of life and reduce depression and anxiety in people with a life-threatening diagnosis.
- Magic mushrooms may help in smoking cessation and other addictions.
Based on a small pilot study made by Johns Hopkins University, psilocybin therapy has significantly improved patients’ conditions who are undergoing smoking cessation. This only means that magic mushrooms can help people quit smoking or overcome other addictions. Psilocybin was found to offer relief among people with alcohol dependence.
For your reference, here’s a current scientific review on the therapeutic potential of psilocybin.
When you drink magic mushroom tea, you may also attain optimum health through the following ways:
- Anti-aging Effects
- Boosts Immunity
- Energizes the Body
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Fights Cancer
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Possesses Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Healthy Alternative to Caffeine
Possible Risks of Taking Magic Mushrooms
Some users experience persistent and distressing alterations to how they perceive the world after taking magic mushrooms. It is often characterized by a visual flashback, a traumatic recall of an intensely upsetting experience. This medical condition can be triggered by psilocybin and may continue for weeks or even longer. Physicians may diagnose the problem as a hallucinogen-persisting perception disorder.
People who consume psilocybin may also experience agitation, fear, confusion, psychosis, and delirium. In worst cases, when there are syndromes resembling schizophrenia, a person may be admitted to the emergency room. Doctors will treat these adverse side effects with medication. Within 6-8 hours, some symptoms may vanish, and the effects of psilocybin wear off. Try microdosing today for a safe and enjoyable experience with magic mushrooms.
What’s the best way of drinking shroom tea for the first time?
Drinking magic mushroom tea for the first time might be a bit strange. But there’s nothing unusual since it’s like an everyday beverage. But as a word of advice, do not exceed the gram and a half limit, and you must drink slowly. Ideally, you should take 20-30 minutes to finish a cup of tea, allowing the substance to absorb progressively and reducing the risk of nausea. If you consume the correct quantity and still experience quicker and more potent effects, that might cause some anxiety. However, it’s pretty standard, and things will go well as your body processes the substance.
Does how I drink shroom tea affect the effects?
Yes, the way you drink the magic mushroom tea affects your overall experience with the beverage. If you drink it slowly, you’ll have a slow and steady come-up. Conversely, if you drink the tea in a hurry, it will cause a quicker rise of psychedelic effects. When you experience a quick come-up that usually starts at around 5-10 minutes, it might scare you a bit. Still, it’s a matter of preference for what kind of experience you want from drinking this kind of tea.
What should I do to avoid nausea when drinking shroom tea?
Although very few tea drinkers experience this side effect, it’s still essential that you know how to avoid or manage it. This adverse reaction typically happens during the first time drinking the tea and may be caused by the previously consumed food. Nevertheless, the aroma, taste, and effects would seem normal eventually. In case you experience nausea while drinking or after drinking magic shroom tea, the best remedy is to camouflage the taste to mask the beverage’s flavor. You can mix some ingredients to achieve a desirable flavor when you prepare this at home.
Buy High-Quality Magic Mushrooms at Our Store!
For a delightful magic shroom tea experience, you can get the best products at our store. We have a wide selection of shroom items that match your preference. All you have to do is browse our online shop, select any product, and place your orders. Moonrock Canada is open 24/7 to serve you!